Are you looking to earn additional income during the slowest time of the year without any effort?
You can now offer Tax Debt Relief Services
Through our new strategic partnership with Community Tax¹, your tax office has the opportunity to access referral-based Tax Debt Services. Give taxpayers or small business owners that have IRS tax debt the chance to resolve their tax debt and make a step towards financial freedom. And you receive 12.5% of collected fees from your referral!
Community Tax understands you work hard to build lasting relationships with your clients, and you don’t want to lose clients that are looking for services you aren’t currently offering.
As an EPS partner, Community Tax is committed to sending referred clients back to you for ongoing tax preparation. Other debt relief companies on the market won’t have your back. Offering tax debt solution through Community Tax keeps your clients out of competitors’ hands.
Referring clients that need tax debt resolution to Community Tax reduces your workload while still offering you incentive. The Community Tax team works with clients directly and is A+ rated by the Better Business Bureau.
Once your clients are up to date with filing their last six years tax returns, send them to Community Tax and they will take care of everything needed to resolve their tax debt problem from there. It really is that easy!
Who can you refer?
1) Tax returns you have prepared that have balances. (Keep in mind, the one return you prepared might have a small balance, but they could have past balances). Simply asking “Do you have any additional balances”? could help you identify potential customers.
Once you have identified the balances.
2) Try to uncover whether they have the means to pay it back in full or in 4 months (there is a fine line between not wanting to pay it back and not being able to afford too). The value increases when the likelihood of them being able to pay it in full or in 4 months decreases. Remember, Community Tax can still help if they don’t want to liquidate assets or drain savings accounts to pay it all back right away.
3) You might have clients who come to you with threatening notices, local IRS agents, or are facing enforced collection action like wage garnishments/bank seizures. Community Tax can explain the notices, work with local agents and obtain garnishment releases.
4) They’ve tried to fix this in the past on their own and got nowhere. It can be a tedious process to resolve complete tax problems with the IRS.
5) Your client cannot continue to owe year over year. Part of Community Tax’s program identifies the real tax issue, and they work with the client extensively in order to adapt to a new lifestyle that includes making withholding adjustments and estimated tax payments. They prefer to avoid repeat clients.
6) Clients might feel intimidated working with the IRS. Remember, Community Tax is fully bilingual, and they will take over and handle all communication and correspondence with the IRS once the customer moves into the resolution phase. Taxpayers have the right to retain representation!
7) Clients are undocumented and face tax problems but are worried about getting the process started due to deportation fears. Remember the IRS and Immigration and Customs Enforcement are separate and fixing their tax problems is essential on the path to documentation/citizenship.
8) If your client has been rejected for an Easy Advance or tells you the IRS keeps my refund every year.Chances are, they have back tax liabilities.
How long after filing taxes for a client should you wait to submit their referral?
You can submit a referral immediately.
Is there a guarantee?
Community Tax offers a money back “Service Guarantee”, which states, once the Investigation is complete if they cannot offer the taxpayer client any tax debt reduction services, Community Tax will refund their Investigation fee. Note – this is not to be confused with a satisfaction guarantee.
How fast is the process?
As soon as you submit your client’s information using the referral website, your client will be contacted within minutes, during normal business hours by the Community Tax Team. Often.
The initial Tax Investigation takes an average of three to 10 days. An estimated resolution time is available once the Tax Investigation is complete, and the program required for resolution is identified.
The resolution process can vary and is dependent upon the program the client is recommended. Some agreements require as little as seven to 10 days and others can take up to 18 months, such as the Offer In Compromise.
What is the minimum amount in tax balances you work with?
While Community Tax always ensure financial benefit when it comes to their fees, the general rule of thumb is that the most value is given with clients that owe at least $7,000+ in tax debt. The $7,000+ can be a combination of years or a single year.
Do you help my clients with back State taxes?
Community Tax works specifically with state balances from California and New York exclusively at this time. States are often hard to reach and uncooperative, and their goal is to offer a service they can stand by.
What states is this program available in?
Community Tax operates in 48 states with the exception being Minnesota and North Dakota.
How long does the tax resolution process take on average?
Community Tax has a two phased approach. The first phase or Tax Investigation will take on average 10-14 days. The resolution portion can vary and it is dependent upon which program the client qualifies for. Some agreements can be set in place in as little as seven up to 10 days and some can take up to 18 months, such as the Offer in Compromise. They’ll set the proper expectations with the client once they complete the Tax Investigation and have a better understanding of what program they are targeting for your client’s resolution.
What are the different programs and what’s the qualification process?
The programs and guidelines to qualify are based on a business’ or individual’s income, assets and expenses. The programs range from negotiated payment plans to settlements.The sole purpose of the Tax Investigation is to explore all programs and prequalify the client or business for the best possible and most affordable outcome, while taking their personal financial goals into account.
Can’t I just do it myself?
Non-credentialed individuals have limited representation rights and can generally only represent clients whose return they prepared and signed. Limited representation rights also means that even though they may have prepared the return, they cannot represent clients regarding appeals or collection issues. EA’s, Tax Attorneys and CPA’s enjoy unlimited representation rights and may represent clients on any tax matters. This is what Community Tax does for thousands of clients every month. And at the same time, your time is valuable. By referring a client, you save hours that can be spent preparing returns for other customers or focusing on how to grow your customer base.
Do you have suggestions on how to present the service to a potential client?
Community Tax believes the easy way to present this to a client is something along the lines of, “We’ve partnered with one of the nation’s largest and most established tax resolution company. They have made it easy to explain if and how they can help you because they offer a no cost, no obligation consultation”.
Community Tax believes in simply telling your clients there is professional, experienced and affordable help with Community Tax, “Talk to them, they’ll explain your options”.
If you refer them, their courteous and knowledgeable enrollment team will do the rest. They will work to create urgency and build value behind our services.
1. Tax debt resolution services provided by Community Tax, LLC which is not an affiliate of Pathward®, N.A. Fees, terms and conditions apply.